“Working with Hexacta we found a team that works closely with clients to achieve high quality products, adapting to changing needs and challenges of the business. Professionalism and accountability are key attributes in any working relationship and certainly meet expectations, in addition to the human quality of each of the members.”
Gonzalo Vitón, Project Leader, Philip Morris International.
Brief description of the company
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 international brands, including Marlboro, the world’s best-selling cigarette brand.
In 2013, PMI held an estimated 15.7% share of the total international cigarette market outside of the United States. In Argentina, the market share is approximately 80%, with a turnover of nearly 1 billion AR$.
On the basis of strict regulations to promote their products, Philips Morris International, adopted to focus its actions on the web and in-site promotions as a marketing strategy.
Since the beginning of the project, Hexacta and PMI 1-2-1 sector have been working together. During this period, we had the opportunity to be part of the team that boosted marketing development projects for Marlboro, Philip Morris, Virginia S, Next, Parliament and other brands.
PMI was able to obtain valuable feedback from the experience and reviews during different situations in each project.
After the feedback, PMI decided to implement a “work cell” that worked with Hexacta Agile Methodology. The main objective of these team is to resolve the requirements of pre-existing or new projects for PMI.
It was required to migrate all the site to a content management system using modern technologies.
- Hexacta created a team dedicated to the implementation of promotional sites of Philip Morris International Argentina, in order to communicate with their audience through digital platforms.
- Given the changing nature of the business, Hexacta relied on its agile methodology in order to create a framework with reusable components so that we can deploy promotional sites in a very short time.
- To provide support for multiple brands in the specified time periods, it was decided to migrate the sites to Umbraco so that it became possible to meet the demands of the volatile business.
- With an advertising agency and a digital content producer, Hexacta developed projects and digital marketing campaigns integrating multiple tools and platforms (Media, Web, Mobile, In Store).
- Technically, web sites and mobile applications are implemented with .NET framework, Umbraco 7.2.1, Angular JS.
- .NET framework
- Umbraco 7.2.1
- Angular JS
- Matter JS
- ASP.NET MVC
- Apache Cordoba
- ASP.NET Web API
- Unity Application Block
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server