What does Scrum method means?
“Scrum is not a methodology – it is a pathway”
Ken SchwaberScrum is an agile method for software development. Its simple framework can be used, understood and implemented in few days and supports self-organization and creativity. With Scrum, projects progress via a series of iterations called sprints. Each sprint is typically 2-4 weeks long. While an agile approach can be used for managing any project, Scrum is ideally suited for projects with rapidly changing or highly emergent requirements such as we find in software development. Scrum implies a collaborative effort involving developers and clients in a continuous dialogue.
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
Technical skills for agile software developers
A Certified Scrum Developeris someone who has demonstrated through a combination of formal training and a technical skills assessment that he or she has a working understanding of Scrum principles and has learned specialized agile engineering skills.
Benefits of Attaining a CSD:
- A Competitive Edge: in today’s tough job market, it’s a benefit to have a certification such as this to distinguish you from the rest.
- Sharpened Skills: one sign of a successful Scrum developer is a commitment to continuous improvement. The coursework and dedication needed to achieve a CSD can help you sharpen your skills and be a better practitioner of Scrum.
- Scrum Alliance Affiliation: Certified Scrum Developers are listed on the Scrum Alliance website, provided with a profile page and offered a specially designed logo to highlight their credentials.
Hexacta differs from other REP companies in Latin America because since 2006 it manages agile development projects. Therefore, Hexacta´s training includes experience gained during the last five years, which enriches the theoretical concepts of SCRUM method and of the agile engineering practices. Hexacta is a leader in software development constantly applying process improvement practices. This fact allowed the company to mature SCRUM concepts.
Who should take the courses?
The courses are aimed to those involved in development projects, mainly:
- Software developers
- Software architects
- Technical leaders
- Executives and managers: the Introduction to Scrum is also appropriate for them.
Three courses to get CSD certification:
The course complies with the requirements of CSD. The training lasts five days. You can take the three courses package, or choose only one or two courses.
Introduction to SCRUM: 1 day
This course will show the characteristics and life cycle of the Scrum method. It will also include common mistakes when applying Scrum, Lean Product Development concepts, practices of XP and experiential exercises.
|1 Day Course|
Agile Engineering Practices: 3 days
This course will show concepts of agile development, comprising five modules:
- Emerging Architecture and Design: principles and practices of agile architecture, design, myths and misperceptions.
- Test-Driven Development: TDD can dramatically improve the quality and speed of development and is a key practice for many successful scrum development teams.
- Refactoring: techniques of refactoring can be applied so as to achieve a cleaner code.
- Continuous Integration: benefits of continuous integration. Focus will be made on the principles and practices for the creation of an IC system with tooltips.
- Collaboration: ways to work effectively with teammates and with the various internal and external stakeholders.
|1st Day||2nd Day||3rd Day|
|Morning||Emerging Architecture and Design||Continuous Integration||Test-Driven Development|
Planning Poker & Distributed Development: 1 day
This course will show techniques for estimating and planning agile and distributed teamwork, complemented with experimental exercises.
|1 Day Course|
|Afternoon||Distributed Development Retrospective Meeting|
Next Hexacta´s CSD training starts on August, 11th 2014. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hexacta will provide the materials for the different exercises: planning poker cards and other materials needed. At the start of each course printed material (Power Point presentations and exercises) will be delivered to be used by attendees. Hexacta will also issue a certificate of attendance to each participant. This will be reported to the Scrum Alliance so attendees can take the online exam.
Hexacta is a Scrum Alliance Registered Education Provider
We are registered as UCAP in Sepyme