Thinking about outsourcing your IT solutions? Don’t know how to choose the right company? Consider these important tips.
Outsourcing services are widespread throughout the world and aim to make any part of a company’s business more efficient and effective. The outsourcing of IT or software services is no exception to this phenomenon, which is why the search for a technological partner that supports your business and understands your needs is not something trivial.
Hiring an IT outsourcing company should not be seen as a mere contracting of a service. The concept of partner must encompass much more and be understood as a relationship where you work with mixed (from both companies) and multidisciplinary teams, where one of the firms assigns the operation of a part of the business to the other. This is why making the decision to outsource may not be easy.
Why is that so? From experience, we understand that a relationship of this kind implies these truths:
- Both parts are sincere and aware of each other’s capabilities, limitations, and weaknesses.
- There is a division of responsibilities where each company has a clear understanding of its role and what it should be responsible for.
- Both parties share well-defined goals and objectives, and every team member knows them.
In short, it is all about delegating, trusting, and sharing goals and responsibilities. All of this is accompanied by fluid communication.
In the many years of experience providing IT services, we have identified 5 points to take into account –all of them related to each other– to help you in the partner selection process.
1. Quality and costs
Most of the time, costs are the main concern when deciding to contract an IT outsourcing company, especially since we generally refer to large investments of money.
The key here is to understand that this is a long-term investment that will yield multiple benefits: productivity, competitiveness, efficiency, and innovation, to name a few.
It is necessary to bear in mind that behind a high-quality software development, there is a technological infrastructure and human resources with experience that will be working to offer you the best solution for your business.
High quality has a price! Do not forget that. Research, inquire, request quotes, and compare!
Content related: Software Quality or Price: which one really matters?
2. What others say and think
One of the keys to a successful partnership lies in the prior search of candidates. Take the time to screen the outsourcing companies, make sure they are similar to yours, and confirm that they share your values and way of working.
To have a complete picture of the outsourcing company, check what others say or comment about the firm, and learn about the success stories to determine if the development company is able to adjust to what your business is looking for and needs. Ask for feedback or reviews from the customers the company has worked with to make sure you are investing in the best possible partner.
3. How long they have worked as an IT outsourcing company
Continuing with the above, it is very important to examine the previous experience of the IT company you are going to hire. In order to do that, please note the following:
- Analyze customer cases and check what industries they are experienced in. This will give you an idea of how capable they are to take on the particular challenges your business faces.
- Find out what technologies the company works with or has worked with and the solutions they have offered.
- If you are looking for something extremely new and there is very little experience in the market, it is crucial to analyze the performance of the company with the learning of new technologies.
- Find out the dimension of the projects they have worked on. Many IT outsourcing companies have the capacity to provide a good service in small projects, but their ability is nil or scarce when it comes to large-scale projects.
Keep in mind that a good technological partner will always offer a consulting service according to your requirements, budget, and expectations. A good analysis of all of these aspects can save you a lot of time and money.
4. Professional quality
If this point is not met, then everything else will be in vain. It is necessary that the people who are going to be hired adapt to the needs of the service and know your business in depth. Do not forget to keep the following in mind:
- The outsourcing company has the quality of the results and the expertise of its professionals as a policy.
- They are at the forefront of software development technologies and methodologies.
- The team members have held similar roles in the past.
- The company ensures the continuous learning of its employees through training and courses.
- They promote fluid communication not only among the members of each project but also with the client.
- Ask your potential partner for the CVs of the candidates that might work on your project. This may be supplemented in the future by a personal interview.
5. Cultural compatibility
A company’s culture is composed of cultural norms, policies, and values. In the case of a partnership, two opposing cultures could generate some kind of conflict. Even though this may seem incidental, it is really something that should not be overlooked, especially when working with mixed teams.
Find out whether the values of the outsourcing supplier fit your own culture and make sure to find an outsource partner who can understand your language and communicate with your team efficiently. Good communication is key!
To Sum Up
We have mentioned some key reasons that will help you make the best choice when it comes to outsourcing your software needs. We know that the decision is not simple and that many factors play a role, such as cultural affinity, the background and experience of the development company, its knowledge in different projects, methodologies, and technologies, among others.
Now, the only thing left is to take the time to analyze every point, compare, and make your own ranking of candidates. Are you ready to make the decision?
Content related: What to consider before outsourcing a software product.
Comments? Contact us for more information. We’ll quickly get back to you with the information you need.See All Posts