“We help our clients to transform into a Data-Driven company by supporting them in a technological, analytical, and strategical way and allowing them to deliver value to their customers.”
Fernando Meza - Data Engineer
Data powers today's world. From unleashing innovations to improving decision-making processes, data holds the potential to unlock every industry's success.
At Hexacta, we work to provide value-added solutions to our client's data requirements. Based on different technological skills and roles, we transform data into information and then into knowledge, regardless of the applications.
Considering the four main roles of data analytics — Analyst, Engineer, Scientist, and Steward — we have built a multidisciplinary team to achieve every goal and need at different levels of our client’s organization. For each of them, we have defined responsibilities and required skill sets.
- Collecting information from a database with the help of a query
- Enable data processing and summarize results
- Deliver insights by using data mining, data visualization, exploratory analysis, and statistics
- Recognize significant database tables and information related to the project
- Define the technical and functional architecture of your data stack
- Model data repositories for an optimal performance
- Work with raw data and convert it to usable formats and schemes
- Fine-tuning on the legacy and ongoing processes
- Manage, mine, and clean unstructured data to prepare it for practical use
- Work with existent analyses to deliver new insights and forecasts
- Develop models that can operate with Big Data
- Deliver results that have an impact on business outcomes and decisions
- Ensure data integrity
- Ensure data provenance and traceability
- Improve data quality metadata
- Ensure data processing SLA
- Guarantee compliance access policies
Knowledge and training
At Hexacta, we focus on adding technological skills beyond the basic tools, which is why we have different strengths and abilities to face a project.
A Data Analyst is the entry-level in a data analytics team. At Hexacta, these resources have a strong understanding of relational databases, data formats, and data handling. Our analysts can help your business to automate reporting spreadsheets, data extraction, or ad-hoc data requirements. We have a very clear training process that allows every team member to add new skills such as statistics, Machine Learning, Map-reducing, or Real-time data processing. Having completed the training process, our collaborators can pick a path to connect Data Engineering and Data Science.
Data Engineers at Hexacta have the ability to propose, test, and build an entire data stack based on our client's needs and requirements. They are experts in data handling, create ETLs between different platforms and sources, have strong experience in Big Data projects, and are committed to required SLAs. Data Engineers are encouraged to add cutting-edge technologies to their tool belt, all through our constantly evolving training program in subjects like Stream Processing, Cloud Computing, and Multithread.
A Data Scientist employs advanced data techniques such as clustering, neural networks, decision trees, and the like for deriving business insights. This role has deep expertise in Machine Learning, statistics, and data handling. Our Data Scientists are responsible for developing actionable business insights after receiving inputs from Data Analysts and Data Engineers. Training relates to several skills such as data visualization, model automation, statistics, and data handling.
Data Stewardship is one of the most complex roles in data. Being responsible for taking care of data quality, a Data Stewardship requires different levels of expertise in multiple areas. Defining data, avoiding conflicts, monitoring usage, and guaranteeing security are some of the duties of a Data Steward. Because of that, our team is focused on automating such tasks and are always ready to ensure that new processes are in line with data governance. To accomplish this major responsibility, we ensure they acquire different analytics and engineering skills that will allow them to be able to identify any risk involved in a data project.