Reading Time: 2 minutes The event that has gathered enthusiastic professionals mostly related to software development for over three years willReading Time: 2 minutes
The event that has gathered enthusiastic professionals mostly related to software development for over three years will land in Buenos Aires (Argentina) this year.
These will be days where learning, teaching, networking and meeting others will be the norm. This time is in Buenos Aires (Argentina) again where it all began in 2008, after passing through Florianópolis (Brazil) in 2009 and Lima (Peru) in 2010. Hexacta will be participating as a sponsor of the event.
The conference will be held from October 11th to October 13th. Participants will have three full days of sessions with local, regional and international experts. Among the Keynote Speakers can find:
- James Shore was an early adopter of Agile development and he continues to lead, teach, write and consult on Agile development processes. In 2005 he was an inaugural recipient of the prestigious Gordon Pask Award for Contributions to Agile Practice. James is a popular lecturer and co-author of The Art Of Agile Development (O’Reilly, 2007).
- Jeff Patton works currently as an independent consultant, is founder and list moderator of the agile-usability Yahoo discussion group, a columnist with StickyMinds.com and IEEE Software, and a winner of the Agile Alliance’s 2007 Gordon Pask Award for contributions to Agile Development.
- Juan Gabardini is a respected testing specialist, an Agile coach, and is personally committed to building an Argentinean and Latin American Agile community (through the Agile Open Tour and Ágiles conferences). He is currently the President of IEEE AR CS, while he keeps developing Software and teaching at the University of BuenosAires.
The guest speakers participating will be:
- Mike Beedle is an entrepreneur that has applied Scrum and Agile to several software companies successfully (New Governance, Quant Traders and Enterprise Scrum). He has been using Scrum, patterns and org patterns since 1995. He is a co-author of the Agile Manifesto, the first Scrum book (Agile Software Development with Scrum), and the first published paper on Scrum in a book, (SCRUM: “An extension pattern language for hyper-productive software development”)
- Matt Gelbwaks has more than 25 years of experience leading and coaching management and development teams using agile methods and tools. As a chief engineer, head of development, leadership coach, and program manager, his expertise also includes business process reengineering, and software application lifecycle management.
- Robert Galena is an agile professional with vast experience in the field of teaching and coaching. Currently being developed professionally and iContact RGalen Consulting Group and has written a book about the role of Product Owner in Scrum. It also tends to participate in international conferences as a speaker, as is the case of Agile 2011!
This year the conference will run for three days including different types of activities.
• Keynotes by renowned experts such as Jeff Patton, James Shore y Juan Gabardini.
• Lectures, tutorials and reports of experience introduced by colleagues and special guests from Latin America, United States and Europe.
• Deep Dive Workshops, with duration from 2 to 8 hours that will allow you to dive into the topics that most interest you.
• Open Space, where the agenda will be defined by all and will have the opportunity to interact closely with experts and colleagues from the community.
Comments? Contact us for more information. We’ll quickly get back to you with the information you need.See All Posts