Brief description of the company
Corvel is a leading national provider of industry workers’ compensation solutions to employers, third party administrators, insurance companies and government agencies.
Its services include claims management, a national network of preferred healthcare providers, case management, medical bill review, disability management and group health programs.
Over the past three decades, CorVel has grown to a publicly held company with a nationwide branch network and over 429 million US dollars in annual revenues.
CorVel maintains three applications (MedCheck, CareMC and Corvel Claims System) to manage information about their customers. Some of this customer data is duplicated, which brings unification and maintainability problems.
In order to resolve these issues, CorVel decided to create a new system called Enterprise Customer Management (ECM) to manage customer data more efficiently.
This new application allows creating new customers and editing common customer attributes. It also allows editing some specific attributes.
The major challenges were :
- Define the common attributes to be managed by ECM.
- Design and implement the layout of ECM.
- Create replication and conversion process which synchronize the information between the 4 applications, maintaining the consistency of the information.
Users can modify customer common attributes and also certain set of specific attributes of each application.
ECM has a set of business rules that ensure information integrity. This guarantees that the data exported to other applications is correct.
In order to create relationships among clientes, Hexacta the concept of “Hierarchy”.
This hierarchy allow users to manage those relationships in a uniform way, making the process easier to the user.
Hierarchy also has its own validation rules, just as customers do.
Initial functional analysis, requirement specification, screen prototypes and architecture definition was made by the client’s team.
The Hexacta team was responsible for reinforcing the architecture, developing the entire ECM application and integrating it with the other 3 applications.
Our team has also worked on:
- Evolution and maintenance of ECM.
- Migration of historical data.
- Migration of modules of old client system (Delphy and MS Access) to the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Web application ASP.NET
- MS SQL Server
- Presentation Layer: Asp.Net with AJAX and Silverlight.
- Domain Layer: Linq.
- Data Access Layer: ADO.NET Table Adapters.
- Console application: .Net.
- Export process: ECM Replicator.