Brief description of the company
ThePlatform is the leading white-label video management and publishing company for broadband, mobile and TV. Media companies use thePlatform's media publishing system as the open, central hub for managing, monetizing, and syndicating billions of professionally produced video views annually.
ThePlatform’s Professional Services area had grown considerably during the previous years, with many development projects for their clients.
Generally speaking, these projects consisted in developing specific functionalities and/or integrations between MPS and the clients’ proprietary systems.
Looking change their technological strategy, thePlatform decided to find a technological partner to start outsourcing these projects, and selected Hexacta for these initiatives.
Hexacta started to work for thePlatform for different projects. Our main challenges were the following:
- Working from a geographical distance and the need for finding an efficient methodology for working remotely. All of our projects were Scrum-based.
- The particular business domain, something that was brand new for us.
The Platform trusted us with the development and enhancements of some general purpose tools and tailored solutions for several of their clients, the main ones being Verizon and the BBC.
- Spring, for application context management.
- Hibernate, as an ORM for the persistence layer.
- JUnit, for unit testing
- IntelliJ IDEA, as the development environment
- Perforce, for the code repository