Brief description of the company
Fox International Channels is a subsidiary of Fox Entertainment Group, which is part of the News Corporation U.S. Media Company.
It develops, produces and distributes 324 majority-owned pay-tv channels across Latin America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, in 48 languages.
Reach over 1.6 billion viewing subscribers worldwide.
Fox International Channels began a process to replace their Billing and Collection "core“ System (Persub), since it could no longer meet the functional, performance, and scalability requirements needed by the current business.
The main problems that the Persub System faced, and that became a challenge to overcome by the new system, were:
- As a result of not handling the "multi-company" concept, it was necessary to install and maintain one separate instance of Persub for each single Fox Company (about 50 companies around the world).
- Low performance.
- Usability not aligned with the best practices.
- Troubles to add new functionality.
- Scalability problems.
On the other hand, there was a greater challenge, which was the need to implement the new system in a year.
In this context, Hexacta was chosen to carry out the project, whose main goal was the design, development and implementation of the new system, Persub II.
Hexacta worked for two months in the Definition Phase of the project. The main goals were:
- Gather and specify the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Define the architecture and perform a functional test to measure the performance concept within Fox’s network.
- Define usability and graphic design guidelines.
- Set the scope for the Development Phase.
During the following 12 months, the Development Phase was carried out.
- NET Framework 4.0
- SQL Server 2008 R2
- MVC 3
- JQuery, Kendo UI and DevExpress
- XtraReports (as a reporting tool)
- Castle Windsor